libtclSDDS.so not in sources

Moderators: cyao, soliday

blanco-garcia

Re: libtclSDDS.so not in sources

Post by blanco-garcia » 10 Jan 2022, 07:49

Dear Soliday,

does this libtclSDDS.c file works with tcltk 8.5 ?
"save as " does not work in a maching with CENT O.S. 7 and I'm trying to find how to solve it.

Best regards,
o

soliday

Post by soliday » 10 Jan 2022, 11:12

I am not seeing this problem on CentOS 7 with TclTk 8.5. My first guess would be to look for an older libtclSDDS.so file that it might be loading. The latest OAGTclTk RPM file for RHEL7/CENT7 is working with the "save as" option.

blanco-garcia

Post by blanco-garcia » 11 Jan 2022, 04:54

Dear Soliday,

you are right, it is not TclTk 8.5. In fact, it works when I call tclsh and load the library.
However, the "save as " option in sddsedit still does not work and shows "invalid type given" error.

is there any other library/functioin that "save as" is using ?

Currently I am leaving the pckIndex.tcl and a link to libtclSDDS.so in oag/apps/lib/linux-x86_64/sdds/
However, I'm adding only oag/apps/lib/linux-x86_64 to the TCLLIBPATH variable.
It works for one machine but I'm not sure if this could be a problem in the other.

o

soliday

Post by soliday » 11 Jan 2022, 10:27

Open oagwish and run:
puts $tcl_pkgPath

This will list one or more directories. Check to see if the first directory in the list has a sub-directory named sdds. There is code in sddsedit that will load this version of the sdds extension and ignoring the TCLLIBPATH if it exists. I think you may have the buggy version of the sdds extension in this directory.

blanco-garcia

Post by blanco-garcia » 20 Jan 2022, 07:11

Dear Soliday,

there was, in fact, an old installation in /usr/lib64/tcl8.5/.
It took some time to get access to it, but, once the folders (ca, rpn, os, sdds) were renamed they were not longer loaded, and the new compiled versions worked.

Thank you very much, again !

o