MOGA optimizer for rings

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

Zeus

Re: MOGA optimizer for rings

Post by Zeus » 18 Sep 2018, 09:36

Hi all,

I'm sad to say I'm stack at step 1 of the GuideToUse. The first time I ran plotTwiss it produced some errors since HOST_ARCH and EPICS_HOST_ARCH were not defined, once I assigned those variables as:

export HOST_ARCH=linux-x86_64
export EPICS_HOST_ARCH=linux-x86_64

plotTwiss gives the following error:

averageOverElements: couldn't execute "averageOverElements": no such file or directory

any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks

soliday

Post by soliday » 20 Sep 2018, 10:13

plotTwiss and averageOverElements, along with many other scripts, are not included in any binary release. Instead they are in:
https://ops.aps.anl.gov/downloads/oag.1.25.tar.gz
After you unpack this, you will find the programs in oag/apps/src/tcltkapp/oagapp

SDastan

Post by SDastan » 23 Oct 2018, 03:56

Hello everybody,

I'm using MOGA for optimization DA in my lattice, but there is a problem. I want to do tracking for 1024 turns, so in runJob1, I increased the number of turns to 1024 but the DA is different in two different situation;
1. plot DA by optim1-******.aper
2. track optim1-******.new in elegant and plot the results of tracking.
In second situation when I put
&run_control
n_passes = 400
&end
the results are similar to each other, so I know the problem is the number of turns in first and second method, I change the number of turns in runJob1 but it doesn't work. Can you help me in this problem?

regards,
Sara
Sara

Zeus

Post by Zeus » 23 Oct 2018, 10:40

Thanks soliday,

Still fighting with the aps example, when trying to run:

geneticOptimizer -input optim1.sdds -reduce 1

I get the following error:

Error: optim1.all file found but -contin 1 not given

Any idea what is wrong?

SDastan

Post by SDastan » 23 Oct 2018, 12:22

Hello Zeus,
As I know you should use this command;
geneticOptimizer -input optim1.sdds -reduce 1 -contin 1

regards,
Sara
Zeus wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 10:40
Thanks soliday,

Still fighting with the aps example, when trying to run:

geneticOptimizer -input optim1.sdds -reduce 1

I get the following error:

Error: optim1.all file found but -contin 1 not given

Any idea what is wrong?
Sara

Zeus

Post by Zeus » 24 Oct 2018, 02:54

Thanks Sara!

SDastan

Post by SDastan » 06 Apr 2019, 07:02

Hello every body,
Do you have any idea about the algorithm which is used for sorting results in this MOGA example? Is it NSGA-II?

regards,
Sara
Sara

michael_borland

Post by michael_borland » 07 Jun 2019, 11:08

Sara,

We use an independent implementation based on the ideas in NGSA-II. The non-dominated sorting algorithm is the one described by Srinivas and Deb.

--Michael

Evan_Ericson

Post by Evan_Ericson » 01 Oct 2019, 19:40

Hello,

I am trying to run the moga scripts on a computer. The computer already has elegant-2019.1.1-1.rhel.7.openmpi.x86_64.rpm as well as SDDSToolKit-4.1-1.rhel.7.x86_64.rpm. I understand that I have to install the OAGTclTk as well. I tried installing the OAGTclTk-1.25-2.rhel.7.x86_64.rpm but I get a file conflict error:

file /usr/bin/caRepeater from install of OAGTclTk-1.25-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package SDDSEpicsToolKit-3.6-1.x86_64

Is it ok to force the install?

Thanks,

Evan

Evan_Ericson

Post by Evan_Ericson » 03 Jan 2020, 18:52

Hello

I have a problem with oagtclsh. I am working through the installation of elegant on a remote cluster in order to do MOGA calculations.

I believe I have successfully compiled:
epics/base
epics/extensions/SDDS

epics/oag

/home/bertwid/epics/oag/apps/src/elegant

I have worked through the Guidetouse under mogaRing up to running plotTwiss

I get the following result:

/epics/oag/apps/bin/linux-x86_64/plotTwiss: line 3: exec: oagtclsh: not found

I've done a recursive grep for oagtclsh on ~/epics. The file does not exist or has not been created as part of some step?

I thought it might be provided/created by oag.1.25.tar.gz. I tried unpacking oag.1.25.tar.gz. It adds directories for applications at the same level as elegant. I tried to run make from /home/bertwid/epics/oag/apps/src/tcltkinterp and get the following error (I ran make in this directory hoping that this application would provide oagtclsh. Perhaps it doesn't?

gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -D_X86_64_ -DUNIX -Dlinux -O3 -g -Wall -I/home/bertwid/epics/base/include -I/home/bertwid/epics/base/include/os/Linux -I/home/bertwid/epics/base/include/compiler/gcc -DUSE_TCL_STUBS -mtune=generic -m64 -fPIC -I. -I../O.Common -I. -I. -I.. -I../../../../../include/compiler/gcc -I../../../../../include/os/Linux -I../../../../../include -I/home/bertwid/epics/extensions/include -I../../../../../../apps/include -c ../tclCaHash.c
gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -D_X86_64_ -DUNIX -Dlinux -O3 -g -Wall -I/home/bertwid/epics/base/include -I/home/bertwid/epics/base/include/os/Linux -I/home/bertwid/epics/base/include/compiler/gcc -DUSE_TCL_STUBS -mtune=generic -m64 -fPIC -I. -I../O.Common -I. -I. -I.. -I../../../../../include/compiler/gcc -I../../../../../include/os/Linux -I../../../../../include -I/home/bertwid/epics/extensions/include -I../../../../../../apps/include -c ../tclCaCmd.c
ar -rc libtclCa.a tclCa.o tclCaHash.o tclCaCmd.o
ranlib libtclCa.a
make[3]: *** No rule to make target '../../../../../lib/linux-x86_64/libca.a', needed by 'libtclCa.so'. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/bertwid/epics/oag/apps/src/tcltkinterp/extensions/ca/O.linux-x86_64'
make[2]: *** [/home/bertwid/epics/base/configure/RULES_ARCHS:58: install.linux-x86_64] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/bertwid/epics/oag/apps/src/tcltkinterp/extensions/ca'
make[1]: *** [/home/bertwid/epics/base/configure/RULES_DIRS:84: ca.install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bertwid/epics/oag/apps/src/tcltkinterp/extensions'
make: *** [/home/bertwid/epics/base/configure/RULES_DIRS:84: extensions.install] Error 2
[bertwid@cedar1 tcltkinterp]$ pwd
/home/bertwid/epics/oag/apps/src/tcltkinterp

Thanks,
Evan