Ask about focusing beam using six quadrupoles.

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

Deae-eddine

Ask about focusing beam using six quadrupoles.

Post by Deae-eddine » 20 Jan 2023, 11:03

Hello all,
I am trying to focus a beam of electrons with an energy of 250 MeV to a specific point in space using the elegant code. The initial beam size is 4 mm and the desired size is 0.001 mm. I am using six quadrupoles for this task.
I have tried using the &optimization_setup command, but I am not getting the desired results. Can anyone share their experience or suggestions on how to achieve this beam focusing using elegant code? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Deae-eddine KRIM

fabioluneli

Re: Ask about focusing beam using six quadrupoles.

Post by fabioluneli » 27 Jan 2023, 08:38

I am also trying to do something similiar, it will be very helpfull!

Deae-eddine

Post by Deae-eddine » 01 Feb 2023, 06:15

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. I would like to hear more about what you are trying to do and if you have any examples or code snippets that could help us both. :)

Best regards,

Deae-eddine

fabioluneli

Post by fabioluneli » 04 Feb 2023, 12:42

Hi!

I am studying about it. And from an example "Optimizing statistical Twiss parameters using quads" on this forum, i understood that i need first to determine the betax, alphax,... for the beam and use those as the initial values in the &twiss_output command. And after this optmize and goes on... But my doubt is about this initial values. I thought that this &twiss_output command would return me this the betax, alphax,.. parameters. So, now i do not know how that i will determine this parameters to use on &twiss_output command ?

Thank you!!

michael_borland

Post by michael_borland » 06 Feb 2023, 18:55

Perhaps this post will help
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=857

--Michael