elegant 29.0.2 available

Moderators: michael_borland, soliday

michael_borland

elegant 29.0.2 available

Post by michael_borland » 15 Jan 2016, 17:14

Version 29.0.2 of elegant is now available for download. This version contains a number of bug fixes and enhancements. Details may be found in the manual.

--Michael

Julian

Re: elegant 29.0.2 available

Post by Julian » 19 Jan 2016, 07:32

Dear Mr. Borland, dear forum,

I am running elegant on a machine with Fedora 23 installed. After upgrading to Version 29.0.2 via the .rpm packages provided on the download page (both versions tested), i experience an error when trying to output anything to SDDS format:
Unable to define SDDS parameter for setup_bunched_beam--string was:
&parameter name=SVNVersion, type=string, description="SVN version number", fixed_value= &end
Error:
Namelist error: Field name fixed_value ends string
(not only happens for bunched_beam, but also anytime else i try to output to SDDS)

It seems that the error is, that SDDS doesn't find a proper value for the parameter SVNVersion and therefore fixed_value= has no value which causes SDDS to quit due to false/incomplete syntax.
This Error stops elegant to output anything to SDDS.

I can see in the source files (makefile.oag), that when compiled from source, the parameter svnversion should be read out and set, so that it is available in the build. Is there a possibility, that in the .rpm-builds this has failed and therefore the parameter has no value set?
Can i somehow fix this or will i have to compile it from source?

Best regards and thanks in advance

soliday

Post by soliday » 19 Jan 2016, 10:57

I'm going to have to rebuild this for a few operating systems. Our SVN repository is using an older format which we need for our day to day use. The newer operating systems have a much newer version of svn installed and it is causing an error message when the makefile is getting the version number from our software repository. I need to install the older version of SVN on our build computers and come up with a working solution for when someone builds it on their own with a newer version of SVN.

soliday

Post by soliday » 19 Jan 2016, 13:08

There are new RPMs up for Fedora 23 and Fedora 22. They have the same names and version numbers, but have today's date. You can uninstall you existing RPM first with:
rpm -e SDDSToolKit SDDSEpicsToolKit elegant

Julian

Post by Julian » 21 Jan 2016, 08:08

Now it works well.

Thanks a lot.