problem compiling Pelegant // missing libpgapack.a

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

Philippe Piot
Location: Northern Illinois University & Argonne National Laboratory

problem compiling Pelegant // missing libpgapack.a

Post by Philippe Piot » 20 Oct 2011, 12:38

All,
I am trying to install Pelegant from source and have an issue when compiling it. I use the makePelegant script and it complains about a missing library:
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../../../../../epics/extensions/lib/linux-x86/libpgapack.a', needed by `Pelegant'. Stop.

I looked for this library and I believe it belong to the http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/pgapack/ is that the correct? I am a bit surprised since I did not see any mention of this library in the install not, I also tried to install one version of this library but does not find the missing library in there.

Thanks! -- Philippe.

ywang25

Re: problem compiling Pelegant // missing libpgapack.a

Post by ywang25 » 20 Oct 2011, 12:46

Philippe,

The PGAPACK should come with the latest SDDS library. You do not need install it separately yourself.

Yusong

Philippe Piot
Location: Northern Illinois University & Argonne National Laboratory

Re: problem compiling Pelegant // missing libpgapack.a

Post by Philippe Piot » 22 Oct 2011, 03:59

Hi Yusong,
You are right the gapack is part of the latest SDDS package. However on my system (I just updated SDDS), doing a make MPI=1 from the SDDS directory did not produce the libgapack.a in the lib directory I had to manually go into the pgapack subdirectory and do a make MPI=1 from there. Maybe I still have something wrong (or missed a step in the installation)? Anyway I could compile and run Pelegant. Thank you for your help! -- Philippe.