CLEAN in Pelegant

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

ding

Re: CLEAN in Pelegant

Post by ding » 01 Jun 2011, 14:24

I see. If it only affects the WATCH output files, then it seems the main problem still not solved. For the present Pelegant version (without replacing your new 'do_tracking.c' file), if I remove the WATCH points after RCOL, it still crashes atter the tracking into the linac section in this example I provided.
thanks,
Yuantao

ding

Post by ding » 01 Jun 2011, 14:49

I see. If it only affects the WATCH output files, then it seems the main problem still not solved. For the present Pelegant version (without replacing your new 'do_tracking.c' file), if I remove the WATCH points after RCOL, it still crashes atter the tracking into the linac section in this example I provided.
thanks,
Yuantao

ywang25

Post by ywang25 » 01 Jun 2011, 16:27

Yuantao,

There is another file (attached) under the elegant directory need to be replaced. The problem you experienced can be reproduced with a little more number of processors. I tried a very small number of processors (4) at first and it worked fine.

Yusong
Attachments
simple_rfca.c
(26.54 KiB) Downloaded 4209 times

ding

Post by ding » 01 Jun 2011, 16:38

thanks. I will replace the two files and try with it.
Now I remember that it is true with my local quad-core computer to run Pelegant, sometime it works with this CLEAN element. Also, if CLEAN or RCOL only removes a very small fraction of particles, it typically works.

Yuantao