matrix_output and start_from_occurence

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

tennant

matrix_output and start_from_occurence

Post by tennant » 09 Oct 2017, 10:16

Hi,

I have a line definition with several instances of the same element (think repeating FODO cell) and am trying to use matrix_output to get the matrix from each instance of an element to the end of the line. However, I keep getting an error when trying to use start_from_occurrence. I've attached example files to illustrate.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
chris

P.S. The elegant manual, correctly, reads start_from_occurrence. However, it only works if you misspell it in the .ele file as start_from_occurence.
Attachments
example.lte
(176 Bytes) Downloaded 125 times
example.ele
(405 Bytes) Downloaded 131 times

michael_borland

Re: matrix_output and start_from_occurence

Post by michael_borland » 09 Oct 2017, 10:26

Chris,

The problem is that elegant translates the lattice into upper case. You give "q0" as the element name, which doesn't match "Q0". Just give start_from="Q0" instead.

As for occurence vs occurrence, elegant has had the spelling wrong since 1986 or thereabouts. We decided not to change it when someone pointed it out in the late 1990's, to avoid breaking input files. We'll fix the manual to have the wrong spelling.

--Michael

tennant

Re: matrix_output and start_from_occurence

Post by tennant » 09 Oct 2017, 10:30

Thanks Michael! Re: spelling error, it helps to have the misspellings in the manual as often I will copy and paste commands.