cloud-based access to Elegant, Genesis and other codes

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

david_bruhwiler

cloud-based access to Elegant, Genesis and other codes

Post by david_bruhwiler » 06 Dec 2013, 12:37

Hi all,

I'm working on an SBIR (small business) proposal to the US Department of Energy that will make Elegant, Genesis and other beam/radiation codes available in the cloud (i.e. 24/7/365 access through a web browser), including access via tablet or smart phone.

The proposal is due on December 10 (this coming Tuesday).

For the commercialization plan, I must provide some evidence that potential customers would be interested to pay for such a service.

As an Elegant user, would you consider signing a letter that says you or members of your group (e.g. students or postdocs) would benefit from such a service and that you anticipate your institution would be willing to pay for it, if the performance met your expectations?

The cost is expected to be roughly US$100/month per user (no contract, cancel at any time) for basic access with technical support included. High usage beyond some threshold would be covered by additional fees.

If this is of interest to you, then please let me know and I'll send you a draft letter, which you could modify and sign.

Thanks very much in advance,
David
--
David Bruhwiler
President, RadiaSoft LLC
1348 Redwood Ave.
Boulder, Colorado 80304 USA
bruhwiler@radiasoft.net
www.radiasoft.net

david_bruhwiler

Re: cloud-based access to Elegant, Genesis and other codes

Post by david_bruhwiler » 09 Nov 2016, 19:43

This project resulted in a browser-based GUI for Elegant, which is in open beta:

https://beta.sirepo.com/elegant

Please give it a try and let me know if it meets your needs.
Feel free to contact me for more information.

Thanks,
David