ADTS calculation

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

Kowthar_Noori

ADTS calculation

Post by Kowthar_Noori » 13 Jan 2024, 08:12

Dear Michael,
I am trying to plot amplitude-dependent tune shift using TwissCalculation.
I calculated amplitude-dependent tune shift manually by using the tracking script. I found the tune in different y and constant x and vice versa, but the points are limited.
I am going to find ADTS in x=-20mm to x=+20mm and y=-10mm to y=+10mm. I applied it to ele file by x0 and x1 and y0 and y1.
I have attached my files. Could you give me a comment?
Thank you in advance,
Best regards
Attachments
ADTs.rar
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

michael_borland

Re: ADTS calculation

Post by michael_borland » 25 Jan 2024, 11:05

As the manual states: "this command is deprecated, because it is too difficult to tune it to get reliable answers. The use of driving term computation in twiss_output is recommended instead, even though it doesn’t include all possibly relevant effects. For tune-spread calculations, the tune_footprint command provides more versatility. "

If you have looked at the data yourself and verified that the fitting is good, then I'd trust those results.

--Michael

Kowthar_Noori

Re: ADTS calculation

Post by Kowthar_Noori » 29 Jan 2024, 14:04

Thank you for your useful comments.
As you mentioned, I used the tune footprint script to find the tune vs. amplitude. There are two points:
1. I do not see why the trend of the plot of the tune footprint script is not reasonable!
2. I used another script in which I tracked particles and then found the tune using sddsnaff comment. The result is different from the tune footprint and is not reasonable, either.
Could you help me, please?
Regards
Attachments
ADTS2.rar
(246.55 KiB) Downloaded 19 times