Use of the function computeCBGGE

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

Nagaoka

Use of the function computeCBGGE

Post by Nagaoka » 19 Oct 2023, 15:11

Hello Michael,

After having managed to use the function computeRBGGE thanks to your and Ryan's help, I am now trying to use the function computeCBGGE, but cannot avoid getting the message "Error: delta phi varies by more than 1e-6".

Since for this latter function there is an example, I tried to follow closely the format I see in the example data file "Q5-cylinderFields.sdds". In fact, I was initially getting a more fundamental message that told me to use sddssort to restructure the data, but I could clear that by following the example data file. For me, what I finally have for my data file is identical to the example file, but I still get the message indicated above.

It must be omission of some SDDS rules, but I cannot see what it is. I have uploaded my data file. I would be grateful if you could point out what is wrong with it.

Thanking you in advance for your kind help,
Ryutaro
Attachments
DIC_C17_cydrincalcood.sdds
(90.27 MiB) Downloaded 23 times

michael_borland

Re: Use of the function computeCBGGE

Post by michael_borland » 25 Oct 2023, 12:18

Ryutaro,

The problem is that the phi values are not sufficiently precise. Maybe they originated in a single-precision calculation or limited-precision printout.

You can fix this using

Code: Select all

sddssnap2grid DIC_C17_cydrincalcood.sdds DIC_C17_cydrincalcood.snap -col=phi,max=3600
This command will look at the phi values and attempt to modify them so that they are more precisely equispaced. Using the .snap file with computeCBGGE will then work without error.

--Michael

Nagaoka

Re: Use of the function computeCBGGE

Post by Nagaoka » 26 Oct 2023, 13:41

Hello Michael,

I thank you very much for your help!
By applying your magic SDDS command, the GGE decomposition indeed worked well on the newly created data set!

I see that I should have better understood the meaning of the error message and eliminated this error myself!
Thank you anyway for your kind help.

Ryutaro