about the special characters in sddsplot

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

ding

about the special characters in sddsplot

Post by ding » 08 Jul 2009, 15:30

Hi all,
first, is there a link to guide how to put the special characters in sdds system (like \mu m in latex, but here is \$gm\$rm in the sddsplot labels ).

second, if I simply put some commands together for plots, it works with using \$gm for micron. However, if I add the head of #!/bin/tcsh so I can setup some features (like echo usage) it will report like ' gm undefined variable'. What should I do in this case?

Thanks,
Yuantao Ding

soliday

Re: about the special characters in sddsplot

Post by soliday » 08 Jul 2009, 16:24

The documentation on this can be found here http://www.aps.anl.gov/Accelerator_Syst ... ode83.html. Near the bottom of the page is a illustration of the different character sets.

As for your issue with running it under tcsh, I didn't see this problem.

Here is my simple tcsh script that worked:

#!/bin/tcsh
sddsplot input.sdds -col=x,y -title=\$gm\$rm

I would try modifying \$gm\$rm to \\$gm\\$rm or \\\$gm\\\$rm because it is probably an issue with \$ being evaluated more then one time.

ding

Post by ding » 08 Jul 2009, 19:35

Thanks.

I usually used quotation marks like " -tile=\$gm\$rm". It does not work with the quotation marks. It is true your example is working so I can remove some quotation marks in my scripts. But if I want to do like "-xlabel=s (\$gm\$rm)" I can not make it work without quotation marks. In my machine, it works if I keep the quotation marks but without the head #!/bin/tcsh; with the head it does not work either with quotation marks or without. Could you point a way to do for this case?

soliday

Post by soliday » 09 Jul 2009, 09:50

With double quotes in tcsh the variables inside the quotes are evaluated but if you use single quotes they are not. So you could use:

'-xlabel=s ($gm$rm)'

ding

Post by ding » 09 Jul 2009, 11:44

Thanks a lot. Works. :D