Touschek Scatter Output

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

tennant

Touschek Scatter Output

Post by tennant » 17 May 2016, 12:04

After reading the PRST-AB on simulating the Touschek effect (Phys. Rev. ST Accel. Beams 13, 074201), I'm having a difficult time connecting what I read in the paper to the output files I get from elegant (i.e. I have 370 individual .los and .out files for the simulation I ran). I have a few questions, which if you could answer, would really help in my understanding. In particular,

1. What quantities do I plot to show where lost Touschek particles originate? I think it's "sddsplot -col=s0,LRate -graph=imp *.los", but am not sure. Or do I need to first sum the contributions at each s-location from each one of the 370 .los files?

2. What quantities do I plot to show where Touschek particles are lost? I think it's "sddsplot -col=s,LRate -graph=imp *.los", but am not sure. As in the previous case, do I need to first sum the contributions at each s-location from each one of 370 .los files?

3. Do I understand correctly that results in the *.los files are from tracking whereas the results in the *.out files are from the analytic formula?

Thanks,
chris