intrabeam scattering with IBSCATTER

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

tiansk

intrabeam scattering with IBSCATTER

Post by tiansk » 06 Jul 2018, 23:19

Dear all,
I intend to track the electron bunch in storage ring with IBSCATTER element to simulate the IBS effect. I want to know that:How to bring in coupling(emit_y/emit_x) in the lattice ?I found the element SREFFECTS has a Parameter Name:COUPLING
if I set the COUPLING=0.01,is it that during the particle tracking,the parameter of electron bunch from WATCH element emit_y/emit_x keep 0.01? The attached files was the example I used for IBSCATTER.I think I should get the same result as

https://jacowfs.jlab.org/conf/y15/ipac1 ... PMA012.PDF
but the variation of the vertical emittance is strange,Is there any way I could do in the example?

Thanks in advance!
Tiansk
Attachments
APS_IBSCATTER.zip
(3.02 MiB) Downloaded 261 times

tiansk

Re: intrabeam scattering with IBSCATTER

Post by tiansk » 09 Jul 2018, 10:59

Dear all,

The attached file is the result of particle tracking with IBSCATTER and SREFFECTS(COUPLING=0.01),the emittance of y direction is not growing so much! If using the ibsEmittance command,the final emittance_y/emittance_x will be equal with the coupling factor.Should I add some tilt bends or quads in the lattice?

Thanks in advance!
Tiansk
Attachments
untitled.jpg

simone.dimitri

Re: intrabeam scattering with IBSCATTER

Post by simone.dimitri » 15 Mar 2019, 02:48

Dear all,
I am asking a very similar question of Tiansk: the agreement of ibsEmittance and tracking results on the horizontal emittance is fine. Instead, tracking does not reproduce the vertical emittance growth predicted by ibsEmittance. I also tried to include coupling sources in the lattice through quad roll errors, without success.
Any help to fix it? I am attaching elegant files and plots.
Thank you in advance,
Simone

p.s.: in order to enhance the IBS effect, the bunch charge was made huge, but this does not change the situation.
Attachments
ibs elettra2.zip
elettra2 elegant files and plots
(16.44 KiB) Downloaded 203 times