Undulator kick map

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

simone.dimitri

Undulator kick map

Post by simone.dimitri » 19 Apr 2017, 06:17

Dear all,
I have a problem wiht my installation of scripts, such as km2sdds and others. This is an issue I will postpone, but just to let you know, the error I receive whan I call km2sdds is:
/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/APS/Elegant x64/km2sdds: line 3: exec: oagtclsh: not found

However, in order to bypass this problem we tried to make our own undulator kick map, and beleive we did it identically to what km2sdd does. But, of course, it is not the case, since Elegant provides the followig error:
Error:
Unable to scan data--scanning or allocation error (SDDS_ScanData2)
Unable to read page--scanning error (SDDS_ReadAsciiPage)

I am attachning the files needed for running the two - apparently - identical kick maps.
Could you figure out what is different in the two kick maps?
Many thanks,
Simone

p.s.: in the .lte file, please search the IDVC_S8.1 element, for choosing either one or the other kick map.
Attachments
lattice.lte
(68.1 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
elettra_run0.ele
(8.76 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

simone.dimitri

Re: Undulator kick map

Post by simone.dimitri » 19 Apr 2017, 06:18

I try to upload the kick map files again here.
S.
Attachments
EU4.8_g19_pc_w48.zip
(35.29 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

michael_borland

Post by michael_borland » 19 Apr 2017, 08:46

Simone,

I don't see a problem when I run elegant with either of the kickmaps you sent. In both cases, the first sequence (correcting the tune and chromaticity) and second sequence (momentum-dependent tune) run without a problem. I didn't try the other sequences, but suspect they'd be fine also.

At this point, I'm not sure what to recommend other than ensuring that you are using the latest version.

--Michael

simone.dimitri

Post by simone.dimitri » 19 Apr 2017, 09:02

Well, I updated Elegant very recently, this is the version:
This is elegant 33.0.3, Mar 9 2017
I assume you run Elegant with the kickmap "EU4.8_g19_pc_w48.ukm" first, and "EU4.8_cir_gmin_test2.dat" then.
No idea....thank you anyway.

michael_borland

Post by michael_borland » 19 Apr 2017, 09:09

Simone,

Yes, I used each kickmap in turn and found no problems. Sometimes ASCII files generated on linux (windows) don't work on windows (linux), but I don't think that's the case here, since I don't see the characteristic funny end-of-line sequences.

--Michael