Orbit correction

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

wguo

Orbit correction

Post by wguo » 06 May 2010, 13:52

Hi Michael,

Is there a simple way to modify the code such that Elegant corrects the closed orbit using a set of selected trims and BPMs? For example, I'd like to simulate fast orbit correction using only the fast correctors, and maybe part of the BPMs. The misalignment error is already corrected; therefore, I can't disable the slow correctors because they define the golden orbit.

Regards,

Weiming
Last edited by wguo on 07 May 2010, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

michael_borland

Re: Orbit correction

Post by michael_borland » 06 May 2010, 16:16

Weiming,

It shouldn't be necessary to modify the code. If you separate the slow steering and fast steering into two runs (or stages of the same run), you can use the STEERING parameter of the HKICK, VKICK, and HVKICK elements and the WEIGHT parameter of the HMON, VMON, and MONI elements to control which elements elegant uses in steering. The steering adjustments from the first stage will appear in the parameter file, which you can load for the second stage.

Let me know if that doesn't work out.

--Michael

wguo

Post by wguo » 07 May 2010, 11:22

Michael,

Thanks a lot!

So if the steering knob is set to zero, the "correct" command will not use the corrector for orbit correction, but the "close_orbit" command still takes the kick into account. Is this understanding correct?

Regards,

Weiming

michael_borland

Post by michael_borland » 07 May 2010, 14:06

Weiming,

Yes, that's right.

--Michael