Page 1 of 1

frequency map

Posted: 23 Sep 2026, 02:16
by Samira.kasaei
Dear Michael,

I am calculating frequency map for my lattice. I added the frequency map calculated by AT, that shows discrepancy between AT and elegant. I increased the n_passes or n_kicks in my lattice but I didn't get better results.
And Could please let me how I can plot the tune frequency map with integer numbers included(7.23,6.19 in my case like the AT one)? :idea:

Many thanks in advance for your helpful comments,

Samira

Re: frequency map

Posted: 23 Sep 2026, 10:14
by michael_borland
Samira,

You can offset the x and y axes values by the integer tunes using the -offset option in sddsplot, e.g.,

Code: Select all

sddsplot -col=nux,nuy fma_1.fma -graph=sym,vary=subtype,fill -split=col=diffusionRate  -order=spect -offset=xch=7,ych=6 -scale=7.2,7.28,6,6.4
Looking at your lattice file, I noticed that you included an RF cavity, which isn't recommended for FMA. Also, the CSBEND element is not using sufficient number of slices for good results; see attached for recommended settings. Finally, the chromaticities are both negative.

--Michael