frequency map

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

Post Reply
Samira.kasaei
Posts: 39
Joined: 15 Jun 2021, 13:38

frequency map

Post by Samira.kasaei » 23 Sep 2026, 02:16

Dear Michael,

I am calculating frequency map for my lattice. I added the frequency map calculated by AT, that shows discrepancy between AT and elegant. I increased the n_passes or n_kicks in my lattice but I didn't get better results.
And Could please let me how I can plot the tune frequency map with integer numbers included(7.23,6.19 in my case like the AT one)? :idea:

Many thanks in advance for your helpful comments,

Samira
Attachments
fma.rar
(500.72 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

michael_borland
Posts: 2062
Joined: 19 May 2008, 09:33
Location: Argonne National Laboratory
Contact:

Re: frequency map

Post by michael_borland » 23 Sep 2026, 10:14

Samira,

You can offset the x and y axes values by the integer tunes using the -offset option in sddsplot, e.g.,

Code: Select all

sddsplot -col=nux,nuy fma_1.fma -graph=sym,vary=subtype,fill -split=col=diffusionRate  -order=spect -offset=xch=7,ych=6 -scale=7.2,7.28,6,6.4
Looking at your lattice file, I noticed that you included an RF cavity, which isn't recommended for FMA. Also, the CSBEND element is not using sufficient number of slices for good results; see attached for recommended settings. Finally, the chromaticities are both negative.

--Michael
Attachments
optimize.new
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

Post Reply