nonlinear-map from trackin

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

li.chao

nonlinear-map from trackin

Post by li.chao » 15 Mar 2022, 14:20

Hi,

I am trying to get the non-linear one turn from from tracking. The script I am following is from elegant examples "ILMatrixFromTracking/"

The attached files are what I am using right now. In current stage, only two steps are included.

step 1, with the Basic.ele, the required chromaticity (5,5) is set, after running Basic.ele, the updated lattice parameter in saved in Basic.param, which is supposed to give chromaticity value (5,5)

setp 2, in closedOrbit.ele file, the Basic.param obtained from the step 1 is imported in, then it is used to get the closed orbit as a function of momentum derivation \delta. For each momentum, the main lattice information is printed out to the closedOrbit.twi file.

Here is my question: in the closedOrbit.twi file, I found the chromaticity in the first page are the values as I set (5,5), whereas in other pages, the chromaticity are (6,6)-- not the value I want to study

Is anything wrong in my script, or what should be improved to make the chromaticity correct in all pages in closedOrbit.twi.

yours Chao
Attachments
P4_H6BA_v3_0.lte
(145.19 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
closedOrbit.ele
(832 Bytes) Downloaded 154 times
Basic.ele
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

li.chao

Re: nonlinear-map from trackin

Post by li.chao » 16 Mar 2022, 11:12

It is all right. In stead of import *.paramer, file, the problem can be fixed with save_lattice command.

cheers Chao

li.chao

Post by li.chao » 10 May 2022, 08:15

Dear all,

I am trying to rebuild the nonlinear one turn-map from tracking. The attached is the script I am using.
Could please someone help me to confirm if I did it correct or not?

yours Chao
Attachments
ilmatrixFromTracking.7z
(12.34 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

michael_borland

Post by michael_borland » 23 May 2022, 12:53

Chao,

I can't unpack your .7z file. Can you upload a .zip, .xz, or .gzip file instead?

--Michael