DeltaGamma in CSRCSBEND output

Moderators: cyao, michael_borland

twatanabe

DeltaGamma in CSRCSBEND output

Post by twatanabe » 12 Jun 2009, 03:06

Hello,

It seems to me "DeltaGamma" in an output file of CSRCSBEND is not "Delta_Gamma/Gamma_0" with no utit, but "Delta_Gamma/Gamma_0 in percent(%)". Am I right? If so, it would be helpful if the SDDS output file includes something like "units=percent", or it is shown as just "Delta_Gamma/Gamma_0".

Following is the detail of what I would like to ask:
Suppose one writes in the lattice file "B1: CSRCSBEND, L=1.0, ANGLE=1.0,,,,,,,output_file="%s.B1.csr",,,,,.
Then one gets the output file "###.B1.csr", in which
&columun name=DeltaGamm, type=double, &end
I plotted it by something like, "sddsplot ###.B1.csr -column=s,DeltaGamma,,,,,,"
It seems like the plotted "DeltaGamma" is 100 times smaller than Delta_Gamma/Gamma_0.
Am I right?

Thank you for answering my questions always.

Takahiro

michael_borland

Re: DeltaGamma in CSRCSBEND output

Post by michael_borland » 12 Jun 2009, 10:13

Takahiro,

I think the source of the confusion is that the output files from CSRCSBEND shows the change in Gamma for the most recent slice of the dipole. Therefore, if you have N_KICKS=100, you'd see DeltaGamma of about 1% of what you might expect.

--Michael

twatanabe

Re: DeltaGamma in CSRCSBEND output

Post by twatanabe » 12 Jun 2009, 19:34

Michael,

Thank you for quickly and kindly answering questions always. I understand what you mean. I mistakenly thought that the output file shows "total" gamma deviation from the beginning of each bend. As you guessed, I used N_KICKS=100.

Takahiro