sh: mpl_motif

Moderators: cyao, soliday

ding

sh: mpl_motif

Post by ding » 30 Mar 2011, 17:56

Hi BOB,

I built the Pelegant and sdds with lots of your helps. It works. thanks.
But I still have one problem. When I do sddsplot, it complains "sh: mpl_motif: command not found". Any library package missed the cluster (RHEL5)? Do I need to re-compile sdds?

thanks,
Yuantao

soliday

Re: sh: mpl_motif

Post by soliday » 30 Mar 2011, 18:45

mpl_motif should have been built with sddsplot. Can you go to epics/extensions/src/SDDS/SDDSaps/sddsplot/motifDriver/ and type "make clean all". It will either build mpl_motif or it will print out an error message that you can send me. If it does build mpl_motif, then you just need to make sure that it is your PATH because sddsplot expects it to be in your PATH.

ding

Post by ding » 31 Mar 2011, 13:59

Hi Bob,

it didn't compile correctly. see the attached file for the error message.

thanks,
yuantao
Attachments
err.txt
(72.42 KiB) Downloaded 3955 times

soliday

Post by soliday » 31 Mar 2011, 14:05

It is complaining about the png library not being found. We do include an png library with SDDS that you can build for systems that don't have it. Just cd to epics/extensions/src/SDDS/png/ and they make this directory. After that go back up one directory and type make again and it should find the png library now.

ding

Post by ding » 31 Mar 2011, 18:52

I still cannot make it work.

If I follow the steps to install Pelegant, it goes smoothly without error. but the sddsplot doesn't work due to mpl-motif command not found.
Then I go to /png/ and make, then go back up to /SDDS/, type make, it shows some errors of underfined references about MPI related issues. But if I "make clean" first, then 'make -j 4' it works without error. But still sddsplot doesn't work.

Then I go to /png/, make, and go to the /sddsplot/motifDriver, and make, it still has the same error message as before.

???
Yuantao

soliday

Post by soliday » 01 Apr 2011, 13:51

I am placing a pre-built mpl_motif on the web site for you to download. It is at:
http://www.aps.anl.gov/asd/oag/downloads/mpl_motif

One quick note. I see that you were using the -j option to build our software. We don't support this and I know that it will fail under certain conditions.

ding

Post by ding » 01 Apr 2011, 14:20

Thank you Bob. now it works with your prebuilt mpl_motif.
good weekend,
Yuantao