Installation Issue: 'oagtclsh' Not Found

Moderators: cyao, soliday

Aamna_Khan

Installation Issue: 'oagtclsh' Not Found

Post by Aamna_Khan » 01 Feb 2024, 11:49

Hello,

I've encountered an issue with a script named 'km2ssds' on my macOS system. It was previously functioning correctly, but for some unknown reason, it has suddenly stopped working. Now, I am receiving an error message stating that 'oagtclsh' is not found.

> km2sdds
/Users/aamnakhan/sdds/darwin-x86/km2sdds: line 3: exec: oagtclsh: not found

I have not performed any recent updates to my system or libraries. I verified the path in ~/.zshrc, and strangely, oagtclsh doesn't seem to exist, even when I try to run it from /usr/bin.

export PATH="$HOME/sdds/oagtcltk/usr/bin:$PATH"
export HOST_ARCH=darwin-x86
export EPICS_HOST_ARCH=darwin-x86
export "TCLLIBPATH=$HOME/sdds/oagtcltk/usr/lib/oag $HOME/sdds/oagtcltk/usr/lib"

Could you please help me identify what might be the issue?

Thank you,
Aamna
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 11.49.22 AM.png

soliday

Re: Installation Issue: 'oagtclsh' Not Found

Post by soliday » 01 Feb 2024, 12:22

Can you run:
echo $PATH
to see if your PATH environment has been overwritten and no longer has sdds/oagtcltk/usr/bin included?

Aamna_Khan

Post by Aamna_Khan » 01 Feb 2024, 12:30

❯ echo $PATH
/Users/aamnakhan/sdds/oagtcltk/usr/bin:/Users/aamnakhan/sdds/mpich-3.4:/Users/aamnakhan/sdds/darwin-x86_sdds:/Users/aamnakhan/sdds/darwin-x86:/Users/aamnakhan/anaconda3/condabin:/usr/local/bin:/System/Cryptexes/App/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/local/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/appleinternal/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/Library/Apple/usr/bin:/Library/TeX/texbin

soliday

Post by soliday » 01 Feb 2024, 14:40

Okay, the path is good. If you run "ls -l" you will see that oagtclsh is a symbolic link that points to /opt/local/bin/tclsh
This comes from the version installed with MacPorts. I am guessing that this file no longer exists on your system for some reason. If you are using Homebrew instead, then you will probably have to modify these links to where Homebrew installs to. I don't use Homebrew myself.

Aamna_Khan

Post by Aamna_Khan » 01 Feb 2024, 17:08

Thank you. This helped me figure out the correct directory:

sudo ln -s /usr/local/opt/tcl-tk/bin/tclsh /usr/local/bin/oagtclsh