Search found 65 matches
- 02 Oct 2026, 04:47
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: space charge solver
- Replies: 2
- Views: 235
Re: space charge solver
Dear Michael, At a certain element, once the beam coordinates are available, one can get the tile angle in x-y space. Then one can apply a rotation from (x,y) to tilte frame (x_t,y_t), then in the tilte (x_t,y_t) frame , the BE mode can be applied to get the kick strength (delta_px_t,delta_py_t), th...
- 25 Sep 2026, 07:06
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: space charge solver
- Replies: 2
- Views: 235
space charge solver
Dear Michael, I have one question about the sc solver in Elegant. As explained in the manual, it is the BE formula based on the Gaussian assumption; meanwhile, it is also assumed that the beam distributions are elliptical in x-y space. For a very strongly coupled beam near linear coupling resonance,...
- 25 Sep 2026, 06:54
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: simulation with a (time-depended) bumper
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5306
Re: simulation with a (time-depended) bumper
Dear Michael,
Many thanks for your reply. I got it.
Chao
Many thanks for your reply. I got it.
Chao
- 11 Aug 2026, 07:33
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: simulation with a (time-depended) bumper
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5306
Re: simulation with a (time-depended) bumper
Dear Michael, By going through the source file of kicker.c. If I understand the logic correctly, it is lines from 104 to 223 that update the xp or yp from the kicker. From line 104 onward in the code, all particles' coordinates will be updated; Elegnat does not identify which bunch the particle is i...
- 10 Aug 2026, 05:31
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: simulation with a (time-depended) bumper
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5306
Re: simulation with a (time-depended) bumper
The problem is related to the way the BUMPER element aligns the time coordinates of the beam to the time coordinates of the waveform. In particular, it computes <t> for the particles and aligns that to t=0 in the waveform file. If you center your waveform t data about t=0, you should get the result...
- 06 Aug 2026, 13:31
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: simulation with a (time-depended) bumper
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5306
Re: simulation with a (time-depended) bumper
Hi Michael, Thanks a lot for you quick reply. Following your suggestion, I set up a new bumper as shown in the attached file. To clearly show how bumper kick different bunches. I set 2 watch element before and after the bumper and calculated the delta_Px and compare with the kicker strength set up i...
- 04 Aug 2026, 09:05
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: simulation with a (time-depended) bumper
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5306
simulation with a (time-depended) bumper
Hi, I am trying to simulate a fan-out kicker model by bumper. In the attached file. I set up a bunch train uniformly occupying the ring. 1. The initial bunch distribution is 80b_1MP_even.sdds 2. The Bumper file is set up as fan_kick.wf following a sine function, and inserted in the lattice. When the...
- 09 Apr 2026, 04:28
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: touschek_scatter
- Replies: 2
- Views: 23848
Re: touschek_scatter
Hi Michael
Thanks a lot. I got it.
Chao
Thanks a lot. I got it.
Chao
- 25 Mar 2026, 13:27
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: touschek_scatter
- Replies: 2
- Views: 23848
touschek_scatter
Hi, I am using touschek_scatter element to study the loss map as shown in the attached files. In the Pelegant*.out file, there is a message given as *------------------------------------- Program trace-back: error: It appears that the Touschek lifetime is extremely wrong and there is no need to perf...
- 19 Nov 2025, 18:22
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: space charge simulation in rings
- Replies: 11
- Views: 80204
Re: space charge simulation in rings
Dear Michael, I am currently testing the bin-method in elegant to evaluate the space-charge forces. For benchmarking, I continue to use an unphysical model based solely on a one-turn matrix. In the simulation, only ILMATRIX + RF + SR + SC are included. To study the impact of bunch length, I set up t...