Search found 39 matches
- 23 Sep 2026, 02:16
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: frequency map
- Replies: 1
- Views: 301
frequency map
Dear Michael, I am calculating frequency map for my lattice. I added the frequency map calculated by AT, that shows discrepancy between AT and elegant. I increased the n_passes or n_kicks in my lattice but I didn't get better results. And Could please let me how I can plot the tune frequency map wit...
- 06 Jul 2026, 07:50
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: Skew dipole error in CSBEND
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3780
Skew dipole error in CSBEND
Dear Michael,
I wanna define skew dipole in CSBEND. But I find, G1 in CSBEND is used as skew quadrupole error.
If I am right, How can I define skew dipole error?
Thank you in advance.
Best Regards,
Samira
I wanna define skew dipole in CSBEND. But I find, G1 in CSBEND is used as skew quadrupole error.
If I am right, How can I define skew dipole error?
Thank you in advance.
Best Regards,
Samira
- 08 Apr 2026, 05:27
- Forum: Momentum Aperture
- Topic: Lifetime after adding scraper and undulator
- Replies: 1
- Views: 26572
Lifetime after adding scraper and undulator
Dear Michael, I am wondering if Touschek lifetime calculation in Elegant depends on the aperture as I added two scrapers and undulator with 3.5 mm gap but I got almost the same Touschek lifetime (about 60 hours) for the bare lattice. Here is my files if you can kindly take a look. Many thanks in adv...
- 17 Nov 2025, 01:58
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: Transient beam loading with passive Harmonic cavity
- Replies: 10
- Views: 111599
Re: Transient beam loading with passive Harmonic cavity
Dear Michael, Many thanks this hint helps alot. I tried the last step ./computeLifetime, but I got this error: run-*kHz ... Error for sddssplit: Unable to open file "run-*kHz.sa???" for reading (SDDS_InitializeInput) Error for touschekLifetime: Unable to open file "run-*kHz.sa???-???" for reading (S...
- 11 Nov 2025, 00:36
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: Transient beam loading with passive Harmonic cavity
- Replies: 10
- Views: 111599
Re: Transient beam loading with passive Harmonic cavity
Dear Michael, I am trying to run the script for harmonic cavity. I got the error while I run ./setUpCases as below: ./setUpCases: line 5: setUpCase: command not found ./setUpCases: line 5: setUpCase: command not found ./setUpCases: line 5: setUpCase: command not found Done preparing job scripts ls: ...
- 27 Aug 2025, 06:42
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: ramping with sextupoles
- Replies: 11
- Views: 169089
Re: ramping with sextupoles
Dear Michael, I compared two cases of 1 Hz and 3 Hz for booster ramping. In case of 1 Hz horizontal emittance and energy spread approach to equilibrium values i.e., at top energy 2.5 GeV while at 3 Hz they are lower than this. Do you have any comment on this? Many thanks in advance and Best regards,...
- 18 May 2025, 04:41
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: ramping with sextupoles
- Replies: 11
- Views: 169089
Re: ramping with sextupoles
Dear Michael, Many thanks for reply. I changed my lattice. By Ramping at natural chromaticity, 165 particles lost. After setting K2 parameters in dipole and in local sextupoles to reach +4 chromaticity, again I repeated ramping but in this case all of the particles are lost. I tried with zero and +1...
- 13 Feb 2025, 05:17
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: ramping with sextupoles
- Replies: 11
- Views: 169089
Re: ramping with sextupoles
Dear Michael, Many thanks for your reply. I calculated the ramp for 1% energy spread. Without sextupoles I lost 23.4% of particles.Then I applied chromaticity correction to zero and I repeated the calculation. However I lost the same particles again. I was wondering if you can take a look to my file...
- 21 Nov 2024, 02:28
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: ramping with sextupoles
- Replies: 11
- Views: 169089
Re: ramping with sextupoles
Dear Michael,
Many thanks for your reply.
May I ask you about order in definition of dipole? If I use order =1 for dipole with and without sextupole I don't lose particles. In which case are we using order =2?
Best regards,
Samira
Many thanks for your reply.
May I ask you about order in definition of dipole? If I use order =1 for dipole with and without sextupole I don't lose particles. In which case are we using order =2?
Best regards,
Samira
- 17 Nov 2024, 02:57
- Forum: Ring Tracking
- Topic: ramping with sextupoles
- Replies: 11
- Views: 169089
Re: ramping with sextupoles
Dear Michael,
Many thanks for your reply. It works now.
If I wanted to take in to account the effect of eddy current during energy ramping, Is Elegant able to calculate the effect? If yes, how and If you can refer me to an example it is great.
Many thanks in advance,
Samira
Many thanks for your reply. It works now.
If I wanted to take in to account the effect of eddy current during energy ramping, Is Elegant able to calculate the effect? If yes, how and If you can refer me to an example it is great.
Many thanks in advance,
Samira